Author Topic: Donations Needed for MOC's legal defense of Temporary Restraining Order  (Read 23712 times)

Offline ranttrmike

Re: Donations Needed for MOC's legal defense of Temporary Restraining Order
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 01:58:31 PM »
Want help?  Try the NRA.  This is what they sent me:

The persons involved in this case will need to contact us directly, please have them call 800-392-8683.

Best regards,
Miranda Bond
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

Offline emt805

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »

The persons involved in this case will need to contact us directly, please have them call 800-392-8683.

Best regards,
Miranda Bond

After the last ruling by the judge we are all involved.......

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »

Best regards,
Miranda Bond

From MOC, Incs attorney as posted on MGO...

"I spoke to someone at NRA-ILA this morning and was referred to Steve Dulan. I spoke to Steve this morning as well. Steve Dulan provides some legal assistance to MCRGO. He is also the representative for NRA-ILA in MI.

NRA will not be involved at a trial level, which is where we are right now, but NRA is likely to be involved at the appellate level, which is where this case will be going. That is NRA's usual pattern. We might be at the appellate level by fall.

MCRGO is likely to become more supportive in the litigation at the appellate level as well.

MCRGO is actively involved in seeking a legislative fix to the preemption issue. Dean and I have both spoken to Steve about this and the ideas about legislation from some MGO posts and from Dean and me are being heard. I want to recognize PDinDetroit - I have discussed some of his ideas with Steve and one or more of those concepts may well end up in a draft to be introduced in coming weeks.

It sends a very positive message to MCRGO, NRA, and the opposition that MGO will soon file a motion to intervene. That indicates a growth in and broader support for the litigation and a showing that this is about all gun rights and not open carry.

The key message that must be sustained is that this case is about gun control and the ability of governmental entities to do whatever they want when it comes to regulating guns, and not about open carry. As soon as this theme gets derailed and becomes only about OC, there will be problems in sustaining support.

As I and others have emphasized - patience and sustained contacts with the other orgs helps."
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »
mine just sent by snail.  ;D
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
13 months ago, I found MOC, had I not, I WOULD have been jammed up by now!
I tend to go alone at things.  I in general do not join groups! 

But when I got my first pistol I wanted to make sure I did not do anything that would put me in jail out of ignorance.

Over the last 13 month I have visited all the 3 forms MOC leadership and active members visit for guidance and education. 

I can say that there are some members I read every post and others, I wont even read the first word.  But all in all, each day I read I get more of an education. 

While I am not totally versed in the MCL's I think I understand them as much as I can and have read and re-read them many many times to verify what a post says or does not say.

Without MOC I would still be hiding my gun as if it was a dirty little secret

THAT'S WHY, in May I went to my bank and had them take out a weekly deduction from my bank account and send it directly to MOC for the CADL Vs MOC fund

its not a lot, and if my run short in my account, its not going to overdraw me either.  I set an amount I know I can handle each week without even worrying about it.

I'm not sure how many other MOC "followers" are doing this, I don't think anyone else, but for the price of a pack of smokes a week from others who follow the open carry movement 5.00 a week WILL make a big difference in keeping open carry legal in the state of MICHIGAN.

i URGE all who read this FORUM, the forum for open carry at MGO and OCDO to go to their bank or paypal and set up a weekly deduction of 5.00 for the CADL vs MOC legal fund to help pay the legal expenses.

once the case is over, and we WIN!  I will quietly stop my payment for this lawsuit. 

Thanks for reading

Randy

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:19:38 AM by Onnie »
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
You are spot on Onnie! I have contributed to this fund and hope for the best (little hard to know the outcome when Judges rule based on feelings???). One thing I can say is this - If open carry is ever to be taken seriously it needs to bloody the nose of the anti-oc elements in government (L.Brooks Patterson) etc... This case was brought because the corrupt officials in Lansing saw the "chink" in the OC movements armor, and that is the lack of a general defense fund and the ability to defend against these frivolous legal [illegal] actions using our own tax dollars against us. They will throw away money without a care all while crying "poor mouth"!

Far too often OCers are singled out by corrupt departments and left to fight the entire legal system [with its unlimited resources] on their own. Most people cannot afford the tens of thousands of dollars it can take to fight a "trumped up" charge(s) and are left to "twist in the wind" so to speak by the OC community.

Let this be a warning to all who OC, you do so at your own risk! {please continue to carry, better to risk a bad LEO than a Bad guy encounter}. If you are targeted for whatever reason by a bad apple in law enforcement / city government you are on your own! There is no funding in place at this time, and as I see it, none planned in the coming future. So keep these thoughts in the back of your mind:
1. Can I afford the costs of a defense?
2. Can I afford the multiple days off from work a trial will bring and the loss of income; will I lose my job?
3. Am I ready for the months or even years, I could have my life turned upside down dealing with the legal[illegal] system?

It's a personal choice to OC, but without a dedicated group to stand LEGALLY/FINANCIALLY behind individual OCers we will never truly be safe! I hope this post gets you thinking about some of the risks, and if it does, take action. Ask our leaders to establish a General legal defense fund and donate to as suggested above by Onnie. Why? Because one day you could be the "unlucky" OCer.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:56:03 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline markjason

• Custom Folders
  • First Name (Displayed): Mark
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
i havent been on paypal in like 5 years if it has any funds in it ill send it your way

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
i havent been on paypal in like 5 years if it has any funds in it ill send it your way

Pay-Pal isn't the only option. Most MOC events will have a board member present, I am about 98% sure they would gladly accept a donation in person (be sure to specify what it is for), I imagine there is a place you can mail a check for a donation as well.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

Pay-Pal isn't the only option. Most MOC events will have a board member present, I am about 98% sure they would gladly accept a donation in person (be sure to specify what it is for), I imagine there is a place you can mail a check for a donation as well.

Yeah...

Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 8326
Eastpointe, MI 48021

Specify "CADL Legal Fund" in the memo.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline fsRick

• MOC Member
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
I've looked a lot to find out the mentioned Temporary Restraining Order & need for donations. I'd like to read what this is about first before I donate. Would someone send a link or something. Thank you much.Rick

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
I've looked a lot to find out the mentioned Temporary Restraining Order & need for donations. I'd like to read what this is about first before I donate. Would someone send a link or something. Thank you much.Rick
I bumped the CADL thread to the top of the thread list below.
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
What is the latest on this? 

I made a donation but am not clear where this is at?

Thanks
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »

Thanks

Hearing probably late Spring with a decision to follow a month or two later.

You should join us during our Board Meetings on teamspeak.  We speak of the case every month ;)

Members of leadership are encouraged to attend -- also any member is invited.

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »

Thanks

Hearing probably late Spring with a decision to follow a month or two later.

You should join us during our Board Meetings on teamspeak.  We speak of the case every month ;)

Members of leadership are encouraged to attend -- also any member is invited.

Unless I have a work conflict (I travel frequently) I will.   Is the schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks Q
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »

Unless I have a work conflict (I travel frequently) I will.   Is the schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks Q

4th Tuesday of every month at 9:00 PM.

Teamspeak Tutorial here

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »

Thanks Q

4th Tuesday of every month at 9:00 PM.

Teamspeak Tutorial here

Cool

I found it (logically enough LOL) on the events calendar on the home page  :D
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC