Author Topic: If you OC you will die!  (Read 19069 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
If you OC you will die!
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
So says Ted Nugent.

http://armedamericanradio.org/listen-live-2/

He's on the entire video, but begin at 8:49 for this exchange:
Let me tell you, it is suicide to carry open!  It is suicide in a world where recidivism is at an all time high.  You and your children will go shopping with felons...When that felon snaps...he will check out the environment, he will see your open carry and you are the first dead guy on the scene.  Don't carry open!  It is suicide!  You don't want to print, you don't want to draw attention to you, you don't want to be known to be packing a firearm...If you open carry, you're dead!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: If you OC you will die!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
Too many drugs!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
Actually Ted Nugent is famously anti-drug.  He is however a paid shill for the NRA and the NRA doesn't make any money, gain any influence, or increase their power base by supporting unlicensed unregulated carry.

I also find it ironic that "The Nuge" constantly tells everybody that he carries ALL the time and dresses and acts in a way that makes him instantly recognizable, yet tells everybody ELSE to not let anyone know you carry or to attract attention to yourself.

He is the worst kind of person; he is a hypocrite.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:15 AM »
Ted Nugent is a Fudd of the worst kind!

Oh and the "great conservationist" is also a convicted poacher.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »
As far as I am concerned, TN is a douche bag.   

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Offline TERMINATOR

• TERMINATOR Sport Fishing Charters - Pentwater, MI
  • First Name (Displayed): Freedom Is NOT Free...
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »

Where can I read about Ted's poaching conviction(s)? Where and when did this happen?

Personally I think Ted's logic may not be correct.  I think his analysis of what might happen in that hypothetical situation may be wrong.

But since I don't see him OC'ing around town it is hard to say he is a hypocrite.  Him believing that to OC would make you the first target MIGHT be right (even though some research suggests otherwise), but being wrong doesn't make you a hypocrite.

If you saw HIM doing the OC a lot but telling us not too...THEN you could say he is a hypocrite.
Shooting up my addiction to FREEDOM
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:12:03 AM »

Where can I read about Ted's poaching conviction(s)? Where and when did this happen?

Personally I think Ted's logic may not be correct.  I think his analysis of what might happen in that hypothetical situation may be wrong.

But since I don't see him OC'ing around town it is hard to say he is a hypocrite.  Him believing that to OC would make you the first target MIGHT be right (even though some research suggests otherwise), but being wrong doesn't make you a hypocrite.

If you saw HIM doing the OC a lot but telling us not too...THEN you could say he is a hypocrite.

http://news.change.org/stories/ted-nugent-caught-poaching-on-the-outdoor-channel
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »
Thanks!

Interesting story!

I will be interested to hear Ted's spin on this.

Personally I won't be helping PETA and the anti-gunner libs get Ted off the air but I would like to hear his explanation, mainly because I don't believe everything I read in the media.

Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Yea, I started "Google"ing it after reading this and found the F&S article.

It seems to me Ted is guilty of stupidity more than malice.

I think they failed to research the rules more than Ted intentionally breaking them, mainly because I dont think he would have aired the show if he KNEW they had broken the law.

But in the end, ignorance of the law doesn't make you innocent.

But then I wonder how many people ripping on Ted have ever hunted over bait in MI when baiting was outlawed in the Lower Penninsul??? Or hunted over more than the stated amount of bait allowed (5 gallons etc) or hunted past the legal shooting hours (30 minutes past sunset) etc...INTENTIONALLY

Glass houses...

It's not like Ted was jacklighting at night or hunting out of season.

But back to the topic.   I think Ted is wrong on his theory of what would happen if a crazed shooter starts with an open carry citizen in the room....but that doesn't mean I will jump on him.  It's just his theory.

But if you really think about it, he might be wrong about a crazed shooter but I will say that if you REALLY think about about it, a LOGICAL mass assassin WOULD.   A LOGICAL assassin would pull his concealed weapon and take out the visibly armed person first then start shooting if he/she wanted to insure he would be able to finish his mission of mass murder.

But luckily most mass shooters are not of sound mind so "logical mass assassin" is probably an oxymoron.

I wound jump Ted just because I think he is wrong on the worry over OC given that he is and has been for decades one of the few celebrities that has used his fame and status as an outspoken defender of the 2nd Amendment.  He is up there with Charlton Heston.

Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
I don't see a way to edit my post so I will clarify that in the last sentence I meant to say "I WON'T jump Ted"

He is one of the few celebrities that ARE NOT trying to ban guns and vote for Obama and tell us how WE should live
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
To put it another way:

If YOU were in a room full of [terrorists], had a concealed weapon and had to fight your way out of the room...and ONE of them was holding a AK47 and the rest appeared to be unarmed.....

Who would YOU shoot with your first shot when you pulled your weapon?

The guy holding the AK47 of course.

Like I said, criminals don't always think that logically but it could happen.  There is a point to be considered that Ted is right and it would be better to have surprise on your side.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:22:41 PM by TheQ »
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
Surprise is an offensive tactic not a defensive one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
I respectfully disagree.

The gentleman in Royal Oak pulled his concealed weapon in defense of a man & woman and infant and caught the offender by surprise....

There are valid arguments to be made for both points of view.

OC has some element of deterrence and hopefully prevents some crime before it starts.  How much and how effective it is as a deterrent is pretty hard to measure and calculate and confirm.   But it does in fact have some at the cost of making you the #1 person to be taken out if a calculating criminal is looking over the situation and still determined to carry out his criminal act.

Concealed Carry doesn't prevent a criminal from doing what he wants but it does give you tactical advantage if you get the drop on them...as in Royal Oak

I think there are pro's and con's for both sides.

I think I will, when my CCW arrives tend to be on the concealed side most of the time but will exercise my open carry rights at times as well.

What really floors me is how fast, given this is a pro gun group, all of you are to throw one of the most outspoken, most active and most EFFECTIVE defenders of the 2nd Amendment IN OUR LIFETIME under the bus????  Why??? Just because he has a different opinion on what is the most strategic way to carry???  WTF???

Never mind all the work Ted has done for DECADES to defend OUR rights...never mind the fact that IN THAT INTERVIEW Ted stated repeatedly that he defends EVERY AMERICANS right to OPEN CARRY ANYTHING ANYWHERE....no forget that....let's just focus on the fact that he believes it is better tactically to have the element of surprise that comes with concealed carry.

Yea, let's hang him high for THAT LMAO...WTF????

Talk about cutting off your noses to spite your faces.

Maybe I see it differently than all of you but I don't think we should be turning on other 2A defenders just because they prefer CC over OC.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:22:37 PM by TERMINATOR »
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
Nope because he is a lawbreaker and an idiot.

Being a loudmouth and famous does not effective make. What exactly has he done for 2A? Where are the bills he supported? Even when we were fighting for shall issue in MI all he did was tell his MI liaison "go get em"

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »

Being a loudmouth and famous does not effective make. What exactly has he done for 2A? Where are the bills he supported? Even when we were fighting for shall issue in MI all he did was tell his MI liaison "go get em"

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

To say that a certain group of firearms owners should be shot with there own guns is disgusting. Regardless of who says it. But to come from someone so revered as Ted Nugent is more troubling than if it came from Sarah Brady. Therein lies the hypocrisy I mention. Not that he is a clandestine OCer.

Insofar as anyone else "poaching" is immaterial. Ted is a prominent conservationist whose behavior many emulate. As a leader, he is to be held to a higher standard. Otherwise don't lead.

Now, if you're here to argue the fallacies of open carry, you've come to the wrong place. You can take that trolling mantra someplace else.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:35:20 PM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TERMINATOR

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

To say that a certain group of firearms owners should be shot with there own guns is disgusting. Regardless of who says it. But to come from someone so revered as Ted Nugent is more troubling than if it came from Sarah Brady. Therein lies the hypocrisy I mention. Not that he is a clandestine OCer.

Insofar as anyone else "poaching" is immaterial. Ted is a prominent conservationist whose behavior many emulate. As a leader, he is to be held to a higher standard. Otherwise don't lead.

Now, if you're here to argue the fallacies of open carry, you've come to the wrong place. You can take that trolling mantra someplace else.

Where did he say that OCers "should" be shot with their own guns?
Life Member NRA
Member GOA
Member MOC

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
I don't see a way to edit my post so I will clarify that in the last sentence I meant to say "I WON'T jump Ted"

He is one of the few celebrities that ARE NOT trying to ban guns and vote for Obama and tell us how WE should live

We reserve the privilege to edit your own posts to dues paying members.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
There are benefits to Open and Concealed Carry.  At the end of the day it is an individual's choice on a case-by-case basis to determine which is best to exercise in a given situation.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »

Where did he say that OCers "should" be shot with their own guns?

Google is your friend.