Author Topic: Gun information App  (Read 5900 times)

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
Gun information App
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
With this being the day of the iPhone 5 announcement. I thought this would be a good item to share. This app is called "gun tool box". I invite everyone to check it out. It allows you to store important information about your collection, serial numbers and even 3 pictures of each gun. Also, you can track your ammo inventory and money you have spent on ammo. It is a handy little tool to have. I am pretty obsessive when it comes to my guns. I track how many rounds I shoot through them and clean them every time they are shot within 24 hours. This app makes it easy to track all that information. I can also export all the data via email. i.e. if my guns are lost to a fire, I can email all the information directly to my insurance agent.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline Bronson

Re: Gun information App
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
Looks like it's not available for Android.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
Or BlackBerry.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Gun information App
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
How's this sound:

Government asks developer to make gun inventory program so you take pictures and a detailed inventory of your guns. Developer has program upload data to their website. Developers gives info over to .gov

...maybe my tinfoil hat is too tight?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
How's this sound:

Government asks developer to make gun inventory program so you take pictures and a detailed inventory of your guns. Developer has program upload data to their website. Developers gives info over to .gov

Doh!!!! Foiled again. Good point Q. Guess I was dumb enough to fall for it.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
How's this sound:

Would be cool if it could be offline.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Gun information App
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
Would be cool if it could be offline.

Any app on your phone can generally use the phone's Internet connection.

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
How's this sound:

Yes maybe it is to tight buttttt maybe it's not. Better safe than sorry.  Just use their forms and keep manual track of everything. I think this would be a better way to go.
Maybe mine is to tight too, but I like it that way. It doesn't get blown or knocked off to easily that way.

Gerry

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
How's this sound:

You don't think they don't already know? :o

They can even make a good guess on your FTF long guns by the ammo you buy.

Your whole life is in a database. We know what you eat, wear, drive and do when you think no one is looking. We know how far you drive, and where, thanks to you phone and/or OnStar. We know how fast you drive, how hard you brake, how hard you corner. We now your 'hang outs'. We track EVERY word you use on the internet, but especially social media. We trend every word used, and where, and extract all posts using words we find 'interesting'.

Privacy is an illusion. Sleep well, my friends.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
You don't think they don't already know? :o

They can even make a good guess on your FTF long guns by the ammo you buy.

Your whole life is in a database. We know what you eat, wear, drive and do when you think no one is looking. We know how far you drive, and where, thanks to you phone and/or OnStar. We know how fast you drive, how hard you brake, how hard you corner. We now your 'hang outs'. We track EVERY word you use on the internet, but especially social media. We trend every word used, and where, and extract all posts using words we find 'interesting'.

Privacy is an illusion. Sleep well, my friends.

The government is trying to force the trucking industry to install all of what you mentioned in trucks. Qualcom and Peoplenet are 2 of the big names in Electronic On Board Recording devices.
They run about $3500.00 per truck to buy then have a monthly service cost. Get ready for all your stuff to cost more, because I am not going to eat those extra costs.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »