Author Topic: Kent County CPL Gun Board  (Read 4510 times)

Offline foxhound

Kent County CPL Gun Board
« on: November 10, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
I know that there has been info out there talking about how long the Kent County gun board takes to issue CPL's.

I wanted to share my own personal experience.

I applied for my CPL on August 27th.
I received it today, November 10th.

During the entire process I called into the County Clerk and the Kent County Sheriff a few different times and it gave me a pretty good picture of how long everything took at the various stages. I first called in to the County Clerk in later September, and was informed that my application had not been sent to the gun board. I called the county sheriff and was informed that they were currently finishing up applications from July. They had noted receiving mine on August 27th and would maybe get to it in time for the November gun board.

I let another month go by and called back to the county sheriff again. They informed me that my application had been sent back to the county clerk on the 23rd of October.

My application went in front of the county gun board on November 1st and was approved and mailed to me. I did NOT have to go in front of the board.

So in short, I know the Kent County gun board has been getting a lot of bad press but I wanted to point out that it was the sheriff's office that took almost 2 months to process the application and nothing to do with the gun board.

On a similar note, I know someone who submitted their application in Livingston county on the 29th of August and received their cpl in just over three weeks so it seems like things are going pretty quickly over there.

Offline Raggs

Re: Kent County CPL Gun Board
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
I submitted my renewal on Aug 17 and received my CPL on Nov 7th