Author Topic: Former NRA ed: Obama to bypass congress to ban semiautomatic firearms  (Read 6399 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
An anti-gun owner initiative considered in Washington could lead to massive civil disobedience and a severe domestic crisis, gun law expert John M. Snyder warned on Friday.

"According to confidential information," he said, "forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-to-bypass-congress-to-ban-semiautomatic-firearms-warns-expert

Offline WilDChilD

Re: Former NRA ed: Obama to bypass congress to ban semiautomatic firearms
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
I don't support fear mongering.

With a filibuster Republican majority in the Senate and a Republican majority in the House, I don't see gun control going anywhere.

Many Democrats don't want to touch the issue either. It's a losing issue. They know it'll alienate many voters in States all over (like Michigan).

Most Republicans are no gun-loving saints, but an AWB/HCMB are DOA.

But Q said its DOA. WTF Q?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »
Executive order. That's how one republican president enacted his gun control that still stands today.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
Executive order. That's how one republican president enacted his gun control that still stands today.
You'll have to excuse me but I am a young whipper snapper, which Pres. and what GC laws are you refering to?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »
You'll have to excuse me but I am a young whipper snapper, which Pres. and what GC laws are you refering to?
Dick Nixon was a huge anti-gun president. (Gun Control Act 1968.)

But George Bush is the leader in anti-gun initiatives.
All for an assault weapon ban, he banned by executive order the importation of 18 assault rifles. My beloved HK91 is on that list.

http://www.davekopel.com/2a/mags/george-bush-and-the-nra.htm
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
Dick Nixon was a huge anti-gun president. (Gun Control Act 1968).

Sorry, not Richard Nixon rather it was Lyndon Johnson that signed the Gun Control Act of 1968 into effect. Nixon didn't take office until January 20th, 1969.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »
Sorry, not Richard Nixon rather it was Lyndon Johnson that signed the Gun Control Act of 1968 into effect. Nixon didn't take office until January 20th, 1969.

I am sorry for not elaborating on Dick Nixon's support of the '68 GCA and Bush's involvement in it's passage. I realize now that my Nixon comment made it appear as though I was inferring that Nixon signed the '68 GCA.

George Bush’s first major political encounter with the gun issue came when Congress was enacting the Gun Control Act of 1968. Representative Bush was the only Texas Congressperson to vote for the Act, and when doing so, he said that much more needed to be done.

Shortly after passage of the bill, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (apparently given a green light by gun-hating President Richard Nixon), was perpetrating enforcement abuses against innocent citizens at a rate that has never been equaled, not even under the Clinton administration.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
I am sorry for not elaborating on Dick Nixon's support of the '68 GCA and Bush's involvement in it's passage. I realize now that my Nixon comment made it appear as though I was inferring that Nixon signed the '68 GCA.

;)
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Wasn't Nixon a Quaker?  I wonder if that played into his anti-gun position.  He willingly served in WWII, though, so

Offline gryphon

• Administrator