Linked Events

• OC lunch in Wyoming: June 08, 2013

Author Topic: OC Lunch, 6/8/13, 10:00am, Wyoming, MI  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Steel Magnolia

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
OC Lunch, 6/8/13, 10:00am, Wyoming, MI
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
What:  OC Lunch in Wyoming, MI
When:  Saturday, 6/8/13 at 10:00am
Where:  Pizza Hut on 5783 Byron Center Ave Suite G  (Across from Metro Health Village & Hospital)

This is an open carry lunch for Michigan Open Carry.  Scott, the Store Manager of this Pizza Hut has assured us there is no alcohol on the premises so persons without their CPL can feel free to open carry here.  Bring friends and family, enjoy some good pizza, subs, and/or wings as well as some great conversation.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

http://goo.gl/maps/BO6cd
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:43:11 PM by TheQ »
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline Steel Magnolia

Re: OC Lunch, 6/8/13, 10:00am, Wyoming, MI
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
Sorry everyone!  Scott called me this morning and Pizza Hut corporate will not allow fund raisers for controversial issues. They wish to remain neutral.  SO we can still have open carry lunches/dinners there but they will not be fund raisers.  Scott apologizes for any inconvenience and/or confusion.  He is very much a supporter of the 2nd amendment and open/concealed carry of firearms, however, corporate  neither opposes nor supports any controversial issue.
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
Sorry everyone!  Scott called me this morning and Pizza Hut corporate will not allow fund raisers for controversial issues. They wish to remain neutral.  SO we can still have open carry lunches/dinners there but they will not be fund raisers.  Scott apologizes for any inconvenience and/or confusion.  He is very much a supporter of the 2nd amendment and open/concealed carry of firearms, however, corporate  neither opposes nor supports any controversial issue.

It's sad RKBA is "controversial" :(
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »
New event flyer with the FUNDRAISER part removed.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »
Darn.  A local one, and ill be out of town.  :'(
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline scottzcamaro

• Work-o-holic
  • I run with scissors.
  • First Name (Displayed): Scott
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »
Thanks Sandi. This meet and greet will be setup the same as I did for MGO for those that stopped by a few weeks back. I will offer free soft drinks and coffee during the lunch. See you there.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
Thanks Sandi. This meet and greet will be setup the same as I did for MGO for those that stopped by a few weeks back. I will offer free soft drinks and coffee during the lunch. See you there.

Hi Scott. Welcome to MOC. We did a deal a little while back. You even met Phil at that time I think. He's the President of MOC. We'd like to have you along as a member. Give it some thought. You'd be an asset to our organization.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline scottzcamaro

• Work-o-holic
  • I run with scissors.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some of you next week.
Scott

Offline scottzcamaro

• Work-o-holic
  • I run with scissors.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
See you all tommrow. We are opening the doors @ 10am.

Scott

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »
Scott, the Store Manager of this Pizza Hut has assured us there is no alcohol on the premises so persons without their CPL can feel free to open carry here.

Remember, it isn't the presence of alcohol that causes the issue with MCL 750.234d, it's licensure.
Quote from: MCL750.234d(1)(h)
An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

However.....
Quote from: MCL750.234d(2)(d)
A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Good time had by those who attended- if you missed it, you missed Steel Magnolia's great story!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.