Linked Events

• OC Dinner in Tawas: March 01, 2014

Author Topic: Open Carry Dinner in Cadillac 3-1-14  (Read 4184 times)

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
Open Carry Dinner in Cadillac 3-1-14
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:20:14 PM »
Never open carried before?
Curious about Open Carry?

Here's a great opportunity to come get some questions answered and see other OC'ers "in action"

Michigan Open Carry is inviting you to come and carry with us at the Big Boy in Cadillac!

WHO: YOU!  And all your friends interested in Open Carry!
WHAT: Open Carry Dinner.  Open carry of holstered handgun is encouraged (though not required)
WHERE:  Cadillac Big Boy.  1310 S Mitchell St, Cadillac, MI 49601 http://goo.gl/maps/JEi6I
WHEN: March 1st,   @ 4:00 pm   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:08:28 AM by TheQ »
North East Michigan Coordinator

Offline Tmmorton

• First Name (Displayed): Tim Morton
Re: Open Carry Dinner in Cadillac 3-1-14
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »
So I have never open carried before, and I figure this would be the perfect place to start since there is a little concern from my wife that I will get shot by the police if I open carry.  :)  (You've all heard the stories).  So my question is, if I were to come and I did want to OC, is there anything I would need to know other then the obvious transportation issue (not having it on my in my vehicle)?  Just slap my holster on my belt and when I get to Big Boy get my handgun out of my trunk, put it in the holster and go in and say hi? 

Sorry if it sounds like a completely idiotic question, but I know that I don't have all knowledge on the subject.

Thanks,

Tim Morton

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Open Carry Dinner in Cadillac 3-1-14
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »

So I have never open carried before, and I figure this would be the perfect place to start since there is a little concern from my wife that I will get shot by the police if I open carry.  :)  (You've all heard the stories).  So my question is, if I were to come and I did want to OC, is there anything I would need to know other then the obvious transportation issue (not having it on my in my vehicle)?  Just slap my holster on my belt and when I get to Big Boy get my handgun out of my trunk, put it in the holster and go in and say hi? 

Sorry if it sounds like a completely idiotic question, but I know that I don't have all knowledge on the subject.

Thanks,

Tim Morton

Hi. This post is a great one for your first OC experience without a CPL:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.msg22906.html#msg22906
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
Re: Open Carry Dinner in Cadillac 3-1-14
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »

Thanks,

You've got it!
 Remember to have your pistol unloaded while in the trunk.
Hope to see you there!

Tim Morton
North East Michigan Coordinator