Linked Events

• Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus: April 27, 2014

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus - 4/27/14  (Read 27879 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus - 4/27/14
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
Michigan Open Carry will be conducting a public demonstration of every day open carriers. That’s right, a public demonstration.

We will be meeting at the Romulus City Hall and marching through Downtown Romulus to the Police Department on Olive Street and returning to the starting point at City Hall. A round trip of about 2 miles.

Our goal is to demonstrate to the public what the typical open carrier is like. And, to show that there is nothing to be concerned about.

If you’ve ever wanted to attend a Michigan Open Carry Event, this is the one. Come out and support our Michigan Constitutional right to keep and bear arms for the protection of ourselves and our loved ones.

What to bring: A piece of poster board. We will be making stencils out of 22” x 28” poster board. Please bring a piece of white or bright colored poster this size, or slightly larger. We’ll use our stencils and spray paint to instantly make a rally sign for you. Poster board is readily available at Meijer or your local office supply store.

When:    Sunday April 27th

Where:   Romulus City Hall
      11111 Wayne Rd
      Romulus, MI

Map:      http://mapq.st/1hAxc6V

1:00pm - Gather at the Romulus City Hall
1:30pm - Begin March through Downtown Romulus  openly carrying holstered handguns and displaying our signs supporting our Michigan Constitutional rights.

We look forward to having you and your friends participate in this very important demonstration to the public that Open Carry of a handgun in Michigan is legal. And show what it’s like to see ordinary people like us Open Carrying our handguns.

Patrick Dunbar
Southeastern Regional Coordinator
Michigan Open Carry, Inc
SERegion@MIOpenCarry.org

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:02:05 AM by bigt8261 »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »
2 miles! just leave me to the crows if I drop.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:40 AM »

Me too, we can be a buffet  :o
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »
me and jeff will end up stopping to get food/drinks on the way lol. fat people gotta stay hydrated and keep our energy up

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:31:16 PM »

Well those with CPL's could always bring their little rascal electric scooters or their bicycle etc...and simply coast along behind the walking folks... just saying...I'm old and fat and the first thing that went was my pride...a crane, a forklift, a scooter, a bike, a wagon...etc...it's all good. ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Raggs

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »
Curious, what will be the route? Goddard or Bibbins or something else entirely?

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
Edit: Wrong information
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:52:31 AM by Ezerharden »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 06:43:49 PM »
Through Downtown along Goddard

Offline Raggs

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:45:12 PM »
Does the permit dictate where we are allowed to demonstrate?

I think EZ's route would increase the exposure.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »
Through Downtown along Goddard

Thanks for the correction Pat.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
Does the permit dictate where we are allowed to demonstrate?

I think EZ's route would increase the exposure.
I've already selected the route. I presented it to the city council on Monday.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:31:39 AM by CV67PAT »

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 11:17:22 PM »
I've already selected the route. I presented it to the city council on Monday.
Thank you for doing all the heavy lifting!

I am planning to be there, as will my lovely wife.  Trying to spread the word.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »
Thank you for doing all the heavy lifting!

I am planning to be there, as will my lovely wife.  Trying to spread the word.
I'm really excited about this. I have gotten quite a lot of good feedback in the short time since it's announcement.

I'm hoping for good weather. That's the only thing that could dampen this. But if 100 people could brave the cold to support the Grand Rapids March, nothing should stand in the way of us in Romulus.

And if you and your wife are the only ones that stand with me, our voice will still be heard loudly.

But still spread the word. ;-)

Offline Raggs

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 06:10:44 AM »
Thanks for setting this up Pat. I would still like to know if the permit specifies a route?

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »
I'm really excited about this. I have gotten quite a lot of good feedback in the short time since it's announcement.

I'm hoping for good weather. That's the only thing that could dampen this. But if 100 people could brave the cold to support the Grand Rapids March, nothing should stand in the way of us in Romulus.

And if you and your wife are the only ones that stand with me, our voice will still be heard loudly.

But still spread the word. ;-)

I tried to get a freelance writer for the Belleville View interested... but he gave me the bad news the paper is closing.

You might try contacting the Belleville Area Independent.  I won't be able to, as they still hold a grudge against me for doing freelance photography work for the View and the also now closed Lake Current.

I believe there is also a local Romulus weekly rag, but have no idea the name of the paper.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
I tried to get a freelance writer for the Belleville View interested... but he gave me the bad news the paper is closing.

You might try contacting the Belleville Area Independent.  I won't be able to, as they still hold a grudge against me for doing freelance photography work for the View and the also now closed Lake Current.

I believe there is also a local Romulus weekly rag, but have no idea the name of the paper.

The news harold covers the down river area, but I wouldn't have any idea who to contact.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »
Belleville View was part of New Harold collection.  The view is shutting down, not sure on the rest of the organization.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
ill be a definite maybe. company has a drop yard in romulus, might be able to get a load that'll put me there for a few hours.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
ill be a definite maybe. company has a drop yard in romulus, might be able to get a load that'll put me there for a few hours.
Hope you can make it. It'd be nice to have another OC advocate along.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 07:03:01 PM »
Anyone know whether or not the Romulus Historical Museum is ran by the city? I am thinking of checking it out while I am there.