Author Topic: Texas DPS Ditches S&W M&P Handguns Over Reliability Issues  (Read 3556 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Texas DPS Ditches S&W M&P Handguns Over Reliability Issues
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
Texas DPS started switching over to Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm handguns because they are lighter, can hold a couple more rounds, and are easier to shoot than their P226 chambered in the .357 Sig.  The new recruits are having some reliability problems ??? with the M&P so they are sticking with the P226 for now.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/texas-dps-ditches-sw-mp-handguns-reliability-issues-returns-sig-sauer/

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Re: Texas DPS Ditches S&W M&P Handguns Over Reliability Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »
Texas DPS started switching over to Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm handguns because they are lighter, can hold a couple more rounds, and are easier to shoot than their P226 chambered in the .357 Sig.  The new recruits are having some reliability problems ??? with the M&P so they are sticking with the P226 for now.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/texas-dps-ditches-sw-mp-handguns-reliability-issues-returns-sig-sauer/

thats why, they are new recruits. on a side note i had some feeding issues with my smith, polished barrel and feed ramp with a dremel and its been flawless for the last 5K or so through it

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
thats why, they are new recruits. on a side note i had some feeding issues with my smith, polished barrel and feed ramp with a dremel and its been flawless for the last 5K or so through it

Nice, that you got it working.  I was considering getting an M&P for use as a secondary gun, but I will probably end up with a Glock 17, and use my 19 as backup :)  I ran into a guy at CQT that uses a Glock 34 as his carry gun in an inside the waistband holster that he said is comfortable.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »
alien gear bro... i forget my 4 inch barrel SD is even on me at times. comfy for a fat bastard like me. which is not easy.

Offline Lonewolf0714

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:52:47 AM »
I have owned a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, .40 cal, and the 45. I have never in my life had any issues with any of these except for the visual appearance of the 45. It has a larger frame and I did not like that. Otherwise they are extremely reliable. I carry my 9mm M&P everyday. I put my life on it. MADE IN AMERICA!