Author Topic: Cops can park anywhere.  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Jeff

Cops can park anywhere.
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »
So I went to Dunhams to use up my last 10% off ammo coupon and as I was walking in, a cop car pulled up right in front of the door, the two of them walked in about 2 feet in front of me.  I figured someone had been caught shoplifting or some other thing that would require them.  I was wrong, they only went in there to shop.  I was || <---- that close from saying something to them because that annoyed me quite a bit.  I decided I would take pictures of them parked there to send to their department asking why they think they can park anywhere they want to go shopping.

They left before I could go do that and again I was || <----- that close from saying something as they were walking out the door and I was still at the register.

AND WHY can I buy 20 rounds of .223 for $9.99 but a 50 round box costs $28... Bulk is supposed to be cheaper per round GOSH DARN IT!!!.   /angry because of those cops.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Cops can park anywhere.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »
Cops need to be close to their cars while on duty.  And they stop at restaurants to eat and such.  Not sure why they are shopping.  May be legit, maybe not policy, who knows?  Fire/EMS always park close to the grocery store when getting groceries for the firehouse.  Same reason I suspect.  I don't see that as abuse if on company business.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
They were looking at baseball gloves.

If they are on duty, they should not be out shopping.  Nor should they be parked so close to an entrance, the parking lot and available spots were only 20 feet away.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Cops can park anywhere.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »

If they are on duty, they should not be out shopping.  Nor should they be parked so close to an entrance, the parking lot and available spots were only 20 feet away.

It's the authoritah man! Insert cartman pic. While Griff is correct many departments policy is have vehicles close, that is just retarded. It's a good thing you didn't say anything - you would have ended up on a to do list of theirs.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
It's the authoritah man! Insert cartman pic. While Griff is correct many departments policy is have vehicles close, that is just retarded. It's a good thing you didn't say anything - you would have ended up on a to do list of theirs.

Maybe they could have calmly explained that it is their policy to be nearest to the door as possible in case there is an emergency.

Not like I would have said HEY PIGS, you think you can park wherever you want and not obey the laws, and sit in a fire lane because you're too stupid to park between other vehicles, or are you SO DUMB that you think this is in fact the parking lot, and you also can't read because you are even more stupid that you can't read that you're blocking the two way traffic you elitist pieces of taco meat.

I would have been civil while articulately verbalizing my dislike for what they have done.

I have seen other cops go into places shopping before, and they park in the parking lots, often way in the back away from other vehicles.  Never just in front of the door unless they were called in for something.

I guess my rant will end now, and I will find something else to be mad about.  How are the red wings doing?  O0

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »

They will say they are on a break/lunch and have to park close in case of an emergency. I agree with you, but would bet that is their excuse. Society gives yhem so many free pass it is pathetic.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
maybe it was for the police/fire softball game. thats a big thing in many places....

Offline Jeff

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
maybe it was for the police/fire softball game. thats a big thing in many places....

haha, I was waiting for someone to say that. 

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »

Lol!  I think the cops have a guy in the parking lot giving all the firemen tickets!!