Linked Events

• Picnic in Grand Rapids: July 13, 2014

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Picnic - Grand Rapids - 7/13/14  (Read 4567 times)

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Michigan Open Carry Picnic - Grand Rapids - 7/13/14
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:54:06 AM »
The weather is finally getting nicer and we are making our way into the great outdoors.  Come join Michigan Open Carry, Inc for an open carry picnic at Garfield Park in Grand Rapids, this event is open to the public and you do not need to be a member to attend and the carry of a firearm openly or concealed is not required.  As always children and family are welcomed.

If you have never open carried before and were curious this is a great chance to experience it for the first time or to ask questions from people who have plenty of experience doing it.  Members of Michigan Open Carry, Inc leadership will be in attendance to answer any questions that you have.

There is a disc golf course located at the park so if you disc golf bring your discs and play a few rounds!

Details are as follows:

When: Sunday July, 13 2014
Where: Garfield Park 334 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507  (parking is on Burton St.)
Time: 11am-3pm

If you have any questions feel free to email events@miopencarry.org
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:50:23 PM by bigt8261 »

Offline bohican

• First Name (Displayed): Matt
Re: Open Carry Picnic @ Garfield Park in Grand Rapids 7/13/14
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
After my wonderful experience at the Romulus March, I am glad to say that I am already making plans for this picnic!  It will be nice to have this event here in my home city!!  Can't wait to see all of you there!!!!

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
Re: Michigan Open Carry Picnic - Grand Rapids - 7/13/14
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
So...
        Anyone want to car-pool???

O|||||||O
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
Reminds me if one of those old public service announcements out here...

"Its 12:35 pm, do you know where your MOC leadership is?"
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »
Reminds me if one of those old public service announcements out here...

"Its 12:35 pm, do you know where your MOC leadership is?"

To all who attended:

I apologize, we had some failures of leadership and miscommunications.  As a result, no one representing the organization was in attendance.  I understand this lead to confusion and disappointment amongst several who attended, and rightly so.

I am discussing this with our leadership team to try to understand better where we failed and how we can avoid this in the future.  Please be assured, I don't take this lightly.  I would appreciate the chance to apologize to each of you personally and get a better understanding of what did happen at the event (as I did not attend myself).  I would appreciate if anyone with concerns or who attended and is open to talking about what did go on at the event would email me at president@miopencarry.org

- Phillip Hofmeister
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Picnic - Grand Rapids - 7/13/14
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:05 PM »
To all who attended:

I apologize, we had some failures of leadership and miscommunications.  As a result, no one representing the organization was in attendance.  I understand this lead to confusion and disappointment amongst several who attended, and rightly so.

I am discussing this with our leadership team to try to understand better where we failed and how we can avoid this in the future.  Please be assured, I don't take this lightly.  I would appreciate the chance to apologize to each of you personally and get a better understanding of what did happen at the event (as I did not attend myself).  I would appreciate if anyone with concerns or who attended and is open to talking about what did go on at the event would email me at president@miopencarry.org

- Phillip Hofmeister

Stuff happens, it looks like it all worked out in the end. :)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993