Author Topic: Join Michigan Open Carry for Pizza/Lunch on Sat. 4/9/2011 in Fowlerville  (Read 6893 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Join Michigan Open Carry for Lunch.

Where: Danny's Pizza Shack (Map)
When: Saturday 9 April 2011 @ 1:30 PM
Cost for All-You-Can-Eat Buffet: About $5
Menu also available
Contact/Coordinator: TheQ

The pizza is great!  Aidan and I personally endorse it as we ate there last week while Being Interviewed by WXYZ.  I also understand Big Gay Al works there and endorses the food.

Lansing Carpool Available From: TheQ (2 seats available)
Detro Metro Carpool Available From: (Radioman - South Oakland County or En Route between there and Fowlerville)
Grand Rapids Carpool Available From: (Your name here - Contact TheQ)

If you are coming from a major metropolitan area and are willing to share a ride, please contact me.

If you plan to attend:
  • Please RSVP (Either in this thread or Contact TheQ) in advance so I can let our most welcoming host know how many plan to attend.
  • Please also indicate if you'll be more likely interested in the buffet or if you will be ordering your own.

PLEASE NOTE: As an official MOC Sanctioned Event and per MOC's new policy Long Gun Open Carry will not be allowed.

RSVP Count Thus Far: 3
Maybe's 1

Cross Post on: OCDO, MGO
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:32:21 AM by northofnowhere »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline emt805

Re: Join Michigan Open Carry for Pizza/Lunch on Sat. 4/9/2011 in Fowlerville
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
MOC now has a policy of no LGOC at their events? A gun rights group limiting lawful legal carry of a firearm who would of thought.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
MOC now has a policy of no LGOC at their events? A gun rights group limiting lawful legal carry of a firearm who would of thought.

I am fairly sure this was discussed at the monthly leadership meeting, did you voice your opinion during the meeting?

Edit to change the incorrect wording I used.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:25:24 PM by Super Trucker »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »

It was discussed at the February members meeting, did you voice your opinion during the meeting?

There was a membership meeting?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »
Actually it was the monthly leadership meeting on teamspeak.  The membership meeting I recall was and should again be around May perhaps.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
It seems I can't edit my post any more? Is that what happens when it turns sticky?  The event is on April 9th, not the 4th as posted.

Offline northofnowhere

TheQ, once a sticky...could be true, not sure actually, either way I edited what I think you needed, please verify.  As for the LGOC and MOC events, I do not believe it was discussed, but I could be wrong, I was um, on the can a lot that night.  I think it was a Board decision, but I also think that would require a new thread instead of hijacking this one such as we did.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline Mrdennis87

I am in the belleville area, I want to go to this OC event, and I would be willing to have one person ride with me.. if they needed a ride.. I looked on the map for this pizza place, looks to be on dirt roads? I couldnt see any building :(

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Join Michigan Open Carry for Pizza/Lunch on Sat. 4/9/2011 in Fowlerville
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
I am in the belleville area, I want to go to this OC event, and I would be willing to have one person ride with me.. if they needed a ride.. I looked on the map for this pizza place, looks to be on dirt roads? I couldnt see any building :(

It is not on a dirt road, it's just outside of downtown. With my Solstice, I wouldn't organize an event on a dirt road.

It's located at:
307 East Grand River Avenue
Fowlerville‎ MI
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:08:48 PM by TheQ »

Offline Mrdennis87

Ah When I clicked the MAP link it showed totally different address lol..I see now :D

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member

Mrdennis87

I am about 10 min. east of you. If you would like someone to share the cost of gas with you I'd be happy to save the wear & tear on my vehicle. Shoot me a PM & we will set it up nice to see you are on so many OC boards OCDO / MGO (I'm Glockster17 there) & now MOC. You are getting a good education in OC. I would be happy to give you any pointers I can. G9OS  ;D
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Radioman

Nice place, nice food, and 26 folks out enjoying lunch and conversation without anyone running away screaming and crying.  Good times.

Radioman

Offline METL

Nice place... good pizza...  good turn out....   met some nice people.   Saw no screaming, terrified people... no crying, scared children (well one was fussy for a second.. but he was so cute it didn't mattter..  hehe)  Had some good shop talk afterwards.... learned some good stuff.  I really appreciate everyone being helpful and understand of rookies.

I didn't OC while  at the event, but I OC'd my holster so I would fit in with all the gun toting nut jobs... :D

2 drive bys from fowlerville PD...  I didn't see officer number 1.. but officer number 2 was very polite and friendly.... though not overly excited about being at work clearlly...   :)

I was brave enough to pop my cherry afterwards...   OC'd at the Lowe's in S. Lansing.  No looks, stares, comments, or shootouts...    I need to work on the transitition from transport to OC..   It went smoothly and quickly..  but still, I will be practicing in the driveway this weekend.