Author Topic: OC Dinner @ Shishgarden Resturant in Woodhaven, Mi. - 04/20/2011  (Read 8144 times)

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
MOC invites everyone to an open carry dinner at The "Shishgarden" Restaurant in Woodhaven, MI. (Downriver) Time: 6:30pm
 It is located at 22673 Allen Rd. (just north of West Road). Come out and have dinner with family & friends new and old!
When you come, bring someone new to OC and show them we are all just friendly law abiding people.

Let's get to know each other better :-). We spoke with the manager, Adel, and he is excited to have us. There is no liquor license at this restaurant.

Hope we see you there! Wednesday, April 20th 6:30pm

Shishgarden.com
22673 Allen Rd.
Woodhaven Mi. 48183
734-362-6600

P.S Great food and friendly people.

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be

Offline Crywulf0357

Re: OC Dinner @ Shishgarden Resturant in Woodhaven, Mi. - 04/20/2011
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:07:21 AM »
I'll be there. Finally got an event in my neck of the woods! ;D
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline babyglock

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
Bigbob and I will be there! Looking forward to meeting some fellow friends of OC in our area. :)

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
I'm game! The only MiddleEastren food I've ever had was shish tawook & it was good! Now that I've got a second chance at life, I need to start trying some new stuff, maybe the Lamb? :P
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »
I'll be there. Finally got an event in my neck of the woods! ;D

Rest assured there will be lots of OC picnics downriver this year; as we downriver folks love to express our 2A rights :)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline detroitccw

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
How many of you have ever gone to two OC dinners back to back? Attend this event and come on down to downtown Detroit.

Molon Labe

Offline ISMOID

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
I am planning on being there.

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »
How many of you have ever gone to two OC dinners back to back? Attend this event and come on down to downtown Detroit.

Molon Labe
me... more than 2, actually.  but not this time.  i'll be at the detroit one tonight, but woodhaven is a bit far for me, especially starting at 1830 on a work night, but i wish you all the best of luck.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
Thanks to Master Control for setting this event up ;D We had a good turnout & signed up many new members. Good job all.

A standing ovation to all who: organized this event, showed up & a special welcome to all of our new members. WELCOME!
  :D

-Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline babyglock

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
Sorry Babyglock and i could not make it. I was really excited about it but before the dinner I had to stop by her parents house and ask for her hand in marriage( literally right behind shish gardens haha) and it turned into going out to eat with them. I hope there is another one around here soon. I was really bummed that i couldn't be there.

glock9mm is that a sub2000 in your avitar? I have been trying to hunt one of those down for ages. I finally decided I need to go order one at guns galore and wait out the multiple month back order on them.

Offline bigbob

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
^^^^whoops I was signed into her account :P

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
Sorry Babyglock and i could not make it. I was really excited about it but before the dinner I had to stop by her parents house and ask for her hand in marriage( literally right behind shish gardens haha) and it turned into going out to eat with them. I hope there is another one around here soon. I was really bummed that i couldn't be there.

glock9mm is that a sub2000 in your avitar? I have been trying to hunt one of those down for ages. I finally decided I need to go order one at guns galore and wait out the multiple month back order on them.

Of course it is...one can never have enough firearms that except 33rd Mags.... :P :P :P

Just in case those Zombies get loose etc...
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline bigbob

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
I agree! I just got back fron guns galore in fenton and orderd one up. Not excited to wait 5 months or better but it is what it is. Think ima call back monday and get another on order fir my brother. How does yours shoot? I have herd you can keep groups at 100yds to about 3 to 5 inches.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 10:01:39 PM »
Shoots clover leafs at 25yrds. with the stock rear peep sight & goofy bright plastic front post. I haven't taken it to an outdoor range yet but I suspect that the grouping should be between 3 to 4 inches max. @ 100 yards. The thing is a nail driver! Due to the light recoil, it is easy to stay on target even firing in "rapid fire mode".  [With a decent red dot etc. I would venture to say this thing could be used for "medium range tasks very, very effectively"]. I wouldn't trade it for many "higher end carbines".  ;) 
One has to remember who this carbine was developed for originally. Law enforcement. KelTec had hoped it would be adopted by most PD's. Which means it is designed for short to medium range engagements & had to be: easy to stow, quick to deploy, accurate, rugged & dependable. I can happily report it is all of those things. 8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:04:31 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline bigbob

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
Cool! Im glad your happy with it. Very excited to get mine

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »
I was at this one, there were pics taken for the site. Where are they?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.