Linked Events

• Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus: April 27, 2014

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus - 4/27/14  (Read 27894 times)

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 02:08:10 AM »
Anyone know whether or not the Romulus Historical Museum is ran by the city? I am thinking of checking it out while I am there.

See link it has a contact #. It's not clear as to who actually is responsible/funds/owns. A call may clear it up.

http://www.romulusgov.com/Residents/HistoricAttractions.aspx
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Raggs

Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »

See link it has a contact #. It's not clear as to who actually is responsible/funds/owns. A call may clear it up.

http://www.romulusgov.com/Residents/HistoricAttractions.aspx

Called the city clerk and the museum is ran by a city appointed commission.

Anyone interested in a museum trip after the demonstration?

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »
I'm not familiar with Romulus, where is parking for this event?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »
I'm not familiar with Romulus, where is parking for this event?
At the city hall. Check the map link in the OP.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
At the city hall. Check the map link in the OP.
thanks

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
See you there, Jason. Good to see you again.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
See you there, Jason. Good to see you again.
thanks, 2 & 3 year old girls and a wife that works as a nurse on 12 hour shifts makes it hard to make it to events a lot of the time, but I plan to be there with you in romulus. Haven't made an event since working the last cabelas weekend, I'm slacking

Edit- looks like I may be able to bring the kids and wife along, do you think I would be able to pull a wagon on the planned route?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:01:07 PM by detroit_fan »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
thanks, 2 & 3 year old girls and a wife that works as a nurse on 12 hour shifts makes it hard to make it to events a lot of the time, but I plan to be there with you in romulus. Haven't made an event since working the last cabelas weekend, I'm slacking

Edit- looks like I may be able to bring the kids and wife along, do you think I would be able to pull a wagon on the planned route?
Wagon will be fine, except for the occasional curbs at intersections. I personally walked the route before seeking the permit to ascertain access, distance and environment.

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »
Wagon will be fine, except for the occasional curbs at intersections. I personally walked the route before seeking the permit to ascertain access, distance and environment.
sounds good, we'll be there

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus - 4/27/14
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »
Coming up quick...

Bring your posterboards.

This is why we're marching:

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »
Thanks for setting this up Pat. I would still like to know if the permit specifies a route?
Jackie Martin is a contact at the The News-Herald Newspapers, she is a reporter and I reached out to her and she would definately like to speak to someone about the Michigan Open Carry March April 27.  I emailed Q Tom and Brian Jeffs about it to see how we should handle. Just hope they give some GOOD press not like Fox2 when I OC'd in my daughters school they really twisted the story and made me look really bad by saying people were outraged... That was a complete lie. People actually thanks me for carrying and not one single mother or family member was concerned period...

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
Wait, PAT why do we need a permit? Is this done just to be cordial?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Michigan Open Carry Demonstration - Romulus - 4/27/14
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »

That news media monitors the happenings of city council meetings, such as the case here. It is a great way to get exposure through the media.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bohican

• First Name (Displayed): Matt
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
My Girlfriend and I are going to try and make it this Sunday!  We just need to make arrangements for a sitter for some or all of the kids. This will be our first ever walk in an OC event. Really hoping we both learn a lot about OC and meet some great people!  Unfortunately only one of us will be OCing due to us only having 1 pistol at the time being.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 09:00:10 PM »
My Girlfriend and I are going to try and make it this Sunday!  We just need to make arrangements for a sitter for some or all of the kids. This will be our first ever walk in an OC event. Really hoping we both learn a lot about OC and meet some great people!  Unfortunately only one of us will be OCing due to us only having 1 pistol at the time being.
Bring the kids. We want to show that we are ordinary people. I just got off the phone with a good friend that is bringing her 2 girls. And Detroit_fan is planning on pulling his wagon full of kids too.

Bring your friends. This is a very important event. The people of Romulus need to know that some of their officers continue to violate the civil rights of the citizens they're supposed to be serving.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »
The City of Romulus required a "No fee permit" for the demonstration. MOC has conducted demonstrations in other municipalities that required permits. I don't see any issue with complying. As The Q noted, the meeting was broadcast in real time and my attendance was noted on forums before I even got home that evening.

Thanks for the media contact.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:15 PM »
I am hoping to be able to go :)

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
As Pat said, bring the kids. My wife and I are bringing our 2 & 4 year old girls and pulling them in a wagon. Great way to start them on the path to being Rights Activists :)

Offline casper

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 06:17:57 PM »
I'm from Holland and I need a navigator. If someone who knows the way and wants a free ride let me know. I could get lost in my own back yard.

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
I'm from Holland and I need a navigator. If someone who knows the way and wants a free ride let me know. I could get lost in my own back yard.
get one of those new fancy gps thingies