Author Topic: Glock Back Plates  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Jeff

Glock Back Plates
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
I always wanted to get a back plate for my Glock 19 but I only ever wanted a Captain America one.  And I finally found one :-)

Do any of you ever put on custom back plates or magazine plates on any of your firearms?

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
Re: Glock Back Plates
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »
I put the hitman backplate on my m&p
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:32:19 AM »
I put a Gadsden flag backplate and grip plug on my Glock 17.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
Very nice.  When I receive mine I will take a picture of it on my firearm and post it in here.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Mine didn't come with instructions.... I figured out how to do it when I detail stripped my glock.

Field stip the Glock.  Push and hold the firing pin into what's left of the chamber to take pressure off the backplate.  Place your thumb over the back of the slide as you remove the backplate to catch the extractor spring.  The extractor spring will come out of the top right of the slide.

Otherwise, it's really hard to get it off and the spring goes flying.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
Mine didn't come with instructions.... I figured out how to do it when I detail stripped my glock.

Field stip the Glock.  Push and hold the firing pin into what's left of the chamber to take pressure off the backplate.  Place your thumb over the back of the slide as you remove the backplate to catch the extractor spring.  The extractor spring will come out of the top right of the slide.

Otherwise, it's really hard to get it off and the spring goes flying.

I already know how to do it, but thank you for the instructions and tips.  It sure would suck to have a spring fly across the room and lose it in a crack or something haha.

Offline Michigander

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »
I rather heavily modified the grip on my Glock, but probably won't ever be changing the back plate out unless I some day find myself able to lawfully do a full auto conversion.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
I put a Gadsden flag backplate and grip plug on my Glock 17.

Do you have a link to where you got them?

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »
I got my Captain America slide plate today.  After I got back from the gym I installed it.  Very simple.  It feels like it might be a bit more snug than the original plastic one but it doesn't seem like it would inhibit function.  I will take it to the range and see if all is good.

How does it look guys?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
Do you have a link to where you got them?

Just noticed your question...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEF7JXY/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <= Gadsden Backplate
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DTVP9MG/ref=oh_details_o09_s03_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <= Gadsden Plug

Looks good Jeff, the graphic is a little larger than the first photo.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »
The first photo is also more "White" the one I got is more "grey" BUT I like it better that way, because it doesn't stand out as much and overpower the sight picture.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley